Autumn Mini Retreat – Sunday 4th October 2015, 10am – 1pm
Join us for this mini-retreat to relax and re- store for Autumn with Yoga, Nia & Neal’s Yard Remedies Organic
Unhurried, and lasting three hours, this mini- retreat blends the uplifting movement of Nia with the release and stretching of yoga. We’ll be serving a delicious herbal tea (with a home made biscuit) and finish with a full 30 minutes of deep yogic relaxation on the heated floor!
Karen Small, Nia Teacher
Clare Taylor, Yoga Teacher
and Marie Buckleygray, Neal’s Yard Organics Consultant
Everyone who attends will receive a beautiful Neal’s Yard Organics Goodie Bag with lots of lovely products to take home and try.
Spaces are limited by the studio capacity and so must be booked and paid in advance.
Masterclasses with Letizia Accinelli on Saturday 14th March & Sunday 15th March 2015
Join Nia trainer Letizia Accinelli for these special classes – two masterclasses, and a Team Teach class! All classes are suitable for all levels of experience – even beginners!
- 10am – 11am Saturday 14th March, Masterclass Introducing the newly released Nia routine “Magic”. To create balance, Magic has purposefully incorporated chaos and agility alongside ease and organization. It is a symmetry of form + freedom that harmonizes your nervous system. Suitable for all levels including those new to Nia. £10 per person, advance booking recommended. Or come to both 10am classes for £14.
- 10am – 11am Sunday 15th March, Masterclass A second opportunity to dance the new routine “Magic”. Suitable for all levels including those new to Nia. £10 per person, advance booking recommended. Or come to both 10am classes for £14.
- 5pm – 6pm Sunday 15th March, Team Teach Class Letizia will lead the Nia teachers participating in her Playshop in this dynamic and fun ‘Team’ teach class. This will be a FREE class – however spaces are limited so please reserve your place in advance with Karen.
About the Trainer: Letizia has been teaching Nia since 2000 after training with Debbie & Carlos Rosas in Portland. Making the transition from where she was living at the time in Hamburg to returning home to Italy, where Nia had yet to arrive, she has grown and cultivated a wide reaching Nia community. Letizia brings enormous warmth and authenticity to her classes and trainings and one of her greatest strengths is that of creating magic in Nia class through connection and a sense of community – even if the group is only meeting for one hour!
Booking the Masterclasses : Please book your place and make your payment, if required, through Karen Small. You can pay directly with PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can pay at any Thursday or Saturday class.
Playshop for Nia Teachers, Sunday 15th March
Manifesting Magic in the World : Creating a Nia Community
Nia Trainer Letizia Accinelli, will be traveling to Burntisland from Italy for this day of practical, somatic education for Nia teachers of all belts and experience levels.
About the Playshop: Bringing Nia to the world does not only mean bringing fitness but also bringing education through body awareness and holistic healing. For various reasons body awareness can be challenged based on internal and external forces throughout a lifetime. The holistic healing of Nia, considers the whole person, the body mind emotion and spirit. This internal balance can be the pathway back to sensation and health.
Nia Trainer Letizia Accinelli has adapted this model to her everyday life therefore creating a ripple effect into her own Nia community as well as others. Letizia creates a safe and comfortable kinesthetic classroom environment for people to freely express themselves and their full body movements without being judged.
We will be playing with the following Nia White Belt Principles: #4 FreeDance, # 11 “Creating a Sacred Livelihood” and # 13 “Sharing what you sense”. In order to go deeper into being our authentic self and living it as a somatic practice. When we practice listening to our body’s sensations and then communicate it, we cultivate authentic expression.
Over the years of teaching and training Nia, Letizia has found integrating her Self Expression and Authenticity to be key for creating a loving and open community that allow her to “Shell Out my Joy!” in a free and unbound way. In this playshop you will learn to stay curious and fascinated for what pours out of your shell and out of the others.
- Time 9am – 6pm (please arrive at 8.45am)
- Lunch Break 12.30 – 1.45
- Morning Masterclass 10am – 11am Letizia will teach the new routine “Magic”
- Afternoon Team Teach Class 5pm – 6pm Playshop participants will team teach this class with Letizia, putting into practice skills learned throughout the day.
- Cost £125 / Early Bird Rate of £85 when booked and paid for by Sunday 1st March
- Booking To book your place please contact Karen Small, Event Producer email@example.com or you can message Karen through the Facebook page for Island Moves – Nia in Burntisland.
- Preparation Please briefly review White Belt Principles 4, 11 and 13.
- Payment Methods Please pay in advance either through PayPal or by a Bank Transfer. Please contact Karen Small directly to arrange firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sat 6 Dec 2014 : Laurie Bass & Dorit Noble
Experience the mastery and chemistry of two inspirational movers, community builders, mentors and life coaches who love empowering all bodies! Laurie Bass (Portland, USA) and Dorit Noble (London) will be at The Space Upstairs for the day, with two public classes and a full day for Nia teachers.
Please book in advance through Karen (email@example.com) or 01592 874 169 or purchase tickets through Eventbrite
- Morning Masterclass @ 10am – 11am – open to everybody, including absolute beginners. £10 per person, must be booked in advance.
- Afternoon Masterclass @ 2pm – 3pm – open to everybody, including absolute beginners. £10 per person, must be booked in advance.
- Full Day : Art of Teaching – Creating Magic – for Nia teachers and belt graduates only, 8am – 3pm, £125 Whether you’ve been teaching Nia for a while, are preparing to teach or even just thinking about it, this workshop will explore the art of creating magic with your teaching style. Learn to set a sensational focus, to sustain it with your movement, your language and enhance its sensation as you deliver the Nia experience. Listen, dance, receive and practice with unexpected teaching tools!
Dance! Dance! Party! Party! is a women only free-style dance session with no booze, no boys and no judgement. Run by Abi & Karen this is a monthly event in Burntisland. Contact DDPP Fife for more info and to join the mailing list.
Sat 20 Dec 2014 : Nia Christmas Tunes Class
With Jinti & Karen 10am – 11am, we’ll be taking a donation to a charity yet to be decided. You can expect all the usual seasonal favourites – and please feel free to dress up! Mince pies & mulled wine to be served after class.
Sun 21st Dec 2014 : Shannon Day, Winter Solstice
On the darkest night of the year, may we intuit the spark of life through our bodies, and warm our spiritual fire. We have a relationship with dark and light, changing seasons, and growth through expression. This Winter Solstice is very special, as the moon is not visible to the human-eye. In this vast darkness, a zenith of stars ignites the sparkle within. May we dance our authenticity, envision our bright future, & bless this auspicious evening with joy and sound.
A Gold record award winning vocalist, songwriter, actress, & producer, Shannon has been practicing Nia since 1996 – her music (and voice!) has been included in many Nia routines. This event is very likely to sell out so please make sure you book in advance through Karen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 01592 874 169 or purchase tickets through Eventbrite.